10 things about Arizona Statehood Day:
1. Arizona turns 107 years-old this year!
2. It took Arizona 56 years to gain statehood.
3. Congress wanted to combine Arizona and New Mexico and admit it as one state, but people living in the territory of Arizona voted against it 16,265 to 3,141.
4. Arizona officially became a state on Feb. 14, 1912.
5. Which also happens to be Valentine’s Day!
6. And Oregon’s birthday.
7. President William Howard Taft signed Arizona into statehood.
8. Arizona’s first governor, George W. P. Hunt was present for the signing in Washington D.C.
9. Arizona only had 200,000 residents at the time of statehood.
10. Arizona was the 48th territory to become a state, making it one of the youngest states in our country’s history.
Know anyone ready to move to our wonderful state? Send them our way, we love to help people find their first home in Arizona! 480-500-1738