Don’t let selling your home during the holiday season dampen your holiday spirit. Create a buyer-friendly home with these seasonal staging tips.
- A few subtle touches like pinecone centerpieces and an evergreen wreath can create a warm and festive feeling in your home. Avoid overtly religious items, this may be off-putting to some buyers.
- Make sure your holiday decorations match your current decor. If your family room has a clean blue and white color scheme, then skip the clashing red garland. If you have an earthy color scheme, then accent with rich tones like cranberries, forest greens and gold.
- Too much can distract buyers, but the right amount of accessories can draw attention to your home’s best features. Try hanging a few tasteful ornaments from your mantel to highlight an elegant fireplace.
- Go light on the lights and leave the inflatable snowman in the storage room. Instead, use simple string lights to play up your home’s architecture or draw attention to your landscaping.
- If your living space is small, then save space with a skinny Christmas tree. Swap the kids’ homemade ornaments for cohesive themed ornaments such as all red and gold, or icicle lights and silver tinsel.
Contact the Sibbach Team when you are ready to sell your home or do some holiday home shopping.
View featured homes for sale.