Bigger used to better in the luxury real estate market. Now, many buyers of million-dollar homes want less square footage, but more amenities.
- Outdoor amenities are as important as indoor ones in luxury homes. Not only are built-in barbecue grills desired, but a pizza oven, full bar and refrigerators are on the must-have list. Television viewing spaces with comfortable seating is also nice because homeowners use their backyards as an entertainment space.
- Commercial-style appliances are a must in million-dollar luxury homes. As well as appliances that make life easier, such as warming drawers, microwave drawers and built-in coffee bars.
- Soaking tubs and showers with a variety of shower heads are desired in bathrooms.
- Media or entertainment rooms that can be programmed with an iPad and customized by zones are popular. For homes with theater rooms, sectionals have replaced movie-theater type chairs.
- Three stalls are a must in garages, but four are better since luxury buyers may collect cars or motorcycles.
- Luxury home buyers are looking for Green building houses that are enery-efficient.
- Quality details beat quanity is the luxury home market. Buyers are looking for customized finishes on baseboards and backslashes, and upscale features such as hardwood or wood like-tile plank flooring.
Contact the Sibbach Team to view luxury homes in Scottsdale and surrounding neighborhoods. 480-500-1738