There was a time when we always welcomed new neighbors with a small gift or homemade cookies. Unfortunately, this type of gesture is rare these days, so you can make new neighbors feel even more welcomed with the following ideas because it will be so unexpected!
- When you see the moving trucks pulling up, fill a basket with grab-and-go snacks to help keep your neighbors fueled and energized as they move. Moving is hard work, grab-and-go snacks will be appreciated during the tough work.
- Like already mentioned, moving is hard work. Your new neighbors might want to relax by watching a movie at the end of the day. Put together a simple movie night basket with popcorn, drinks, candy, and a friendly note.
- Wrap up your favorite take-out menus and be sure to circle your favorite dishes.
- Make a list of your local favorites, such as parks, restaurants, and other places to see.
- If you see your new neighbors outside, stop by with a drink to share to introduce yourself. You could bring a 6-pack of beer or a pitcher of iced tea and chat for a few minutes.
- Lastly, you can never go wrong bringing over homemade cookies!