My Secret Sauce: Market Expertise
Yes, I have secret sauce that I use in my real estate business and have decided to share it with everyone. Thanks to Seth Godin’s Purple Cow, the tutelage of Zealeap’s Tim Porthouse, and Darin Hardy’s Compound Effect I was able to pinpoint it.
Real Estate Market Expertise
Shhhh…. don’t tell my competition. My team studies their local market on a daily basis. Each week at our team meeting we discuss trends we are seeing from around the Valley. Even though my expertise originated with North Scottsdale real estate, my team has expanded to Phoenix, Glendale, Surprise, Mesa, Tempe, Arcadia, Chandler and all areas of Greater Phoenix. Personally, I find focusing on the luxury real estate market gives me an advantage over other Scottsdale real estate agents. This is the secret sauce of the Sibbach Team.
Market expertise comes from several contributing factors:
- Listing homes and representing owners on the sale of their home
- Meeting buyers, previewing property, and representing buyers in purchasing a property
- Previewing property on a weekly basis for different price ranges, shooting video and photos, training new agents how to interpret data
- Tracking data monthly from the Arizona Regional MLS, reviewing public tax records for sales data not transacted through the MLS, and recordation of sales numbers to track patterns of sales and inventories
- Meet with other brokers to discuss numbers, review other opinions, and read charts and reviews of the data locally and nationally
- Ability to interpret and understand impacts of real estate data combined with population data
- Putting comps together for sellers, buyers, banks, and appraisers. Contesting and negotiating comps.
- Reviewing what actually sells homes such as advertising, strong agents, marketing and the difference between what markets the agent and what markets the property.
This is what we do every day. Parts of the above are completed by others, I gain the most from the constant repetition of each of the steps; it gives perspective. Give us a call and let us share with you. There truly is a difference between us and the rest of the industry. Call us today 480-500-1738
Real Estate Reports we like to review:
- ARMLS – New listings per month, sales per month, average sales prices, and median sales prices.
- Cromford Report – Zip code & city reports for average and median sales prices, number of pending listings, price per squarefoot, Cromford Index, and inventory levels.
- MSN/CNN – Nation real estate news to compare against the Phoenix and Scottsdale real estate markets.
- How accurate is Zillow’s Zestimate for Phoenix Metro?
- Flexmls – I use our MLS to build and track custom reports for local areas. There is no comprehensive real estate reporting tool that drills into the individual neighborhoods as specifically as needed, so we built them.
Let’s talk about the market affecting the value of your home.
Call The Sibbach Team Today: 480-500-1738